Prior to seeking employment
Before you start looking for work spend a few minutes thinking about the following questions:
- What type of work interests you? Do you prefer working with people or with machinery? Do you prefer working with your hands or with machines?
- What type of work are you qualified to do?
- What type of work would suit you? For example, would working in a particular field be difficult for you for health reasons?
- What would your strong points be as an employee? And your weak points?
- What is the current situation in the labour market; what kind of jobs are on offer?
When you are looking for work it is best to concentrate on jobs which are of genuine interest to you. When you apply for a job give it thorough consideration rather than sending applications anywhere and everywhere. A prospective employer will surely notice if you are genuinly interested in the job you have applied for – or if you are not.